National Safety Week January 16-22, 2010
SUN VALLEY TO CELEBRATE NSAA "NATIONAL SAFETY WEEK"
Week-long On-Mountain Event January 16-22, 2010
What is Smartstyle? Do you know "Your Responsibility Code?"
What is the most important "Get Smart" tip for Freestyle Terrain Park riders?
Skiers and riders will all be challenged by these questions and rewarded with answers and free prizes January 16-22, 2010 when Sun Valley celebrates the National Ski Area’s Association "National Safety Week."
A heads-up, fun approach will be taken to heighten the awareness of slope safety in Sun Valley – on Baldy, at the new Super Pipe, in Dollar Mountain’s new Terrain Park and throughout both mountains.
And, the Smartstyle message will go off-mountain and into the classroom when the Sun Valley Ski Patrol, avalanche dogs and Terrain Park personnel meet students at Hemingway and Hailey Elementary schools. Third, fourth and fifth graders at Hemingway will be visited Tuesday, January 19 and the same grades at Hailey Elementary School will host the Sun Valley Mountain Dept. staff Wednesday, January 20, 2010.
Because Sun Valley Resort takes the safety and well being of its guests very seriously, skiers and riders on Dollar and Baldy will be invited to participate in a variety of safety oriented activities throughout "National Safety Week."
This will include:
1. Free Mountain Ski Tours with a special emphasis on safety (meets 10:30 am, top of Baldy every day except Tuesday and Thursday).
2. Mountain Trivial Pursuit (check lift towers for questions at the bottom and answers up top).
3. Free prizes for correctly answered questions on safety.
4. The Hot Packet: Jan. 16 through Jan. 22 take a tour through Dollar Mt. Terrain Park with local pros, terrain park staff and special guest. Sign up at Dollar from 10 am to 11 am for the 11-12 tour or sign up at noon to 1 pm for the 1 to 2 pm tour. Then talk about what you’ve learned with complimentary hot chocolate.
5. In celebration of "National Safety Week" Pete Lane’s Sports will offer 20 percent off helmets at all locations.
For more information please call 208-622-6136 or visit www.sunvalley.com
*Answer to Get Smart Tip:
ALWAYS stay clear of all landings.
YOUR SKIER RESPONSIBILITY CODE
1. Always stay in control.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way.
3. Stop in a safe place for you and others.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging, look uphill and yield.
5. Use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe signs and warnings, and keep off closed trails.
7. Know how to use the lifts safely.
Night Skier and Hiker Safety