Sun Valley Shakedown
Saturday, July 7, 2012
A night of incredible music in a festival atmosphere at the Sun Valley Festival Meadows. Early Bird Tickets available from May 2-31 ($29 – pretty much a no-brainer). All general admission from June 1 thru day of show ($34). Purchase tix at Atkinson’s Markets or online at sunvalleyshakedown.com. Vendors will be on hand for food and drink (no outside food/bev permitted).
This site is beautiful, but it’s no golf course. It’s on mostly flat, grassy terrain. If it rains, there will be mud. Please come prepared! All entry access is from Sun Valley Road. ADA restrooms (porta-johns) will be available. ADA accessible parking will be available. You must present a valid ADA issue pass in order to park your vehicle.
Online ticket sales will be available until noon on the day of show. Assuming we haven’t sold out, tickets will be available at the door. Will-Call and ticket sales will be located together at the front gate and will open at 3pm on the day of the show. Tickets being sold at any other ticket location will close at their respective end of business hours the day before the show.
There are several great National Forest campgrounds located very close to the venue. Visit the Sawtooth National Recreation Area website for details and reservations or click this handy site for camping options – forestcamping.com/dow/intermtn/saw.htm
We love kids, so feel free to bring them. Children 10 and under will not be charged admission. Parents please be prepared to provide documentation of your child’s age if they appear to be older than 10. Keep in mind that this is a long evening of music. Parents – you are responsible for the supervision of your kids.
From Highway 75 in Ketchum, turn east on Sun Valley Road – you won’t miss it.
By Mike McKenna
Ever wonder what to do with that old snowboard? How about making it into a bench?
Turning a used snowboard into a bench is surprisingly easy and cheap to do and it’s a lot better for the environment than dumping it in the garbage.
To help get you motivated, here are the Top 10 reasons to turn and old snowboard into a bench:
10) It gives you a great excuse to use power tools.
9) It’s a great way to honor something you loved and shared many great memories with.
8) It’s gives you good place to sit, indoors or out.
7) It’s a fun and practical way to recycle.
6) It’s pretty cheap to do, wooden benches cost less than $25 to make.
5) It doesn’t take very long to make one.
4) It’s a more productive way to spend an afternoon than drinking beer and watching ski movie re-runs.
3) It gives you a great reason to enjoy a beer after you’re done–and new place to sit down to enjoy it.
2) Even most "Two Plankers" (aka skiers) think they’re cool!
1) It gives you the perfect excuse to buy a new ride for next season!
To find out the basic directions for building a bench out of wood or links to some different examples of snowboard bench designs, please check out , "Building A Snowboard Bench."