By Mike McKenna
Ever wonder what to do with that old snowboard? How about making it into a bench?
Turning a used snowboard into a bench is surprisingly easy and cheap to do and it’s a lot better for the environment than dumping it in the garbage.
To help get you motivated, here are the Top 10 reasons to turn and old snowboard into a bench:
10) It gives you a great excuse to use power tools.
9) It’s a great way to honor something you loved and shared many great memories with.
8) It’s gives you good place to sit, indoors or out.
7) It’s a fun and practical way to recycle.
6) It’s pretty cheap to do, wooden benches cost less than $25 to make.
5) It doesn’t take very long to make one.
4) It’s a more productive way to spend an afternoon than drinking beer and watching ski movie re-runs.
3) It gives you a great reason to enjoy a beer after you’re done–and new place to sit down to enjoy it.
2) Even most "Two Plankers" (aka skiers) think they’re cool!
1) It gives you the perfect excuse to buy a new ride for next season!
To find out the basic directions for building a bench out of wood or links to some different examples of snowboard bench designs, please check out , "Building A Snowboard Bench."